Friday, July 1, 2011

Cars in wilderness?



As I was reading through the wilderness headlines for the day, two strange links jumped out at me:

1. Aston Martin to tackle Alaskan Wilderness – http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1062480_aston-martin-rapide-to-tackle-alaskan-wilderness

2. Jeep Grand Cherokee Ready for Wilderness – http://www.autoevolution.com/news/xplore-jeep-grand-cherokee-ready-for-the-wilderness-36778.html

To say I find this amusing is an understatement. Not only do advertisers think that the rugged appeal of wilderness will sell cars, they obviously have no clue what wilderness actually is; what it actually means for an area to be wilderness.

This is one of the wilderness community's greatest challenges - ensuring that the public knows what wilderness is and why it's so important.

What are you doing today to raise awareness about wilderness?

3 comments:

  1. My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more! check our our website here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm… I read blogs on a similar topic, but i never visited your blog. I added it to favorites and i’ll be your constant reader. sell my car

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much for this great article;this is the stuff that keeps me going through out these day. used cars in Brisbane

    ReplyDelete